Best game tournaments
In best game tournaments, players are not paired together for match play-style matches. Instead, they play single-player games. The tournament organizer assembles a bank of arenas, and each player plays each arena one or more times. Their "best game" is compared against the best game of the other participants in the tournament, and they are awarded points based on how well their best game ranks.
Match Play provides flexible configuration options so you can organize a range of different styles of tournaments using the best game format.
Best game tournaments are a popular qualifying format because you can support a large number of players with only a handful of arenas. Selfie leagues are also organized using a best game tournament.
In best game tournaments, scores are recorded using the Scorekeeper section. After opening the Scorekeeper section, switch to the Scores tab, select an arena and click the Add score... button to add a score.
You can also let players suggest their own results. When players submit their own results, the organizer approves scores from the Scores page located in the normal tournament organizer section (not the Scorekeeper section).
Best game tournaments all come with virtual game queues. The game queues let players see when they are up on a game without the need for the tournament organizer to have players line up in person. Any scorekeeper can manage the queue from the Scorekeeper section.
- Scoring system
- Determines how points are awarded on each arena. See table below.
- Attempts on each arena
- Determines how many games a player can play on each arena in the tournament.
- Overall max. attempts
- Determines how many games a player can play in total across all arenas in the tournament. In a limited best game tournament. Use this option to specify how many total entries each player should have.
- Number of arenas counted
- Determines the number of arenas used when calculating the overall standings in the tournament. For example, use this option if you want to count only five out of seven arenas.
- Number of best games
- Determines the number of games on each arena that are awarded points. Use this if you want to allow more than one score to be counted for the tournament standings.
Scoring in best game tournaments
|95% modified decay||100/95/90/85/81...|
|PAPA w/ quick decay||100/90/85/83/81/79...|