After creating a tournament, you can add players to it from the Players tab. Various tournament formats require a different minimum amount of players, but typically you need at least four players.
After switching to the Players tab, click the Add players button to add one or more arenas. There are five possible ways to add an arena to your tournament.
- Your players
- This is simply a list of all your existing players.
- Enter IFPA
- Enter a player's IFPA number to add them.
- Scan code
- Using your tablet or computer's camera, you can scan a Player Card to add them to the tournament. Players can find their Player Card on Match Play Live.
- Enter name
- Use this to search for a player by name. The IFPA database will be searched for matching players. If you want to add a player who is not in the IFPA database yet (for example, if it's their first tournament), you will be able to do so after searching.
- Use this to add many players in one go. You can copy and paste in as many IFPA numbers and player names as you want and Match Play will add them all.
If you are adding several players in a row be sure to check the Keep open to add multiple players checkbox. This will keep the player dialog open when you add a player, making it much faster to add multiple players in a row.
The tournament organizer can enable player self-registration when creating their tournaments. After the tournament has been created, the organizer must press the Enable player registration button on the tournament overview page to switch self-registration on. Once enabled, anyone with a Match Play user account is able to add themselves to the tournament by opening the tournament on Match Play Live and following the prompt to register.
The tournament organizer can close player registration at any point by pressing the Close player registration button. Player registration will not close automatically when the tournament has begun.
All Players page
The All Players page lists all players you have ever had participate in a tournament. On that page, you can retire players so they will not show up under Your players when you add players to future tournaments.
You can also edit each player, changing their name or updating their IFPA number.
On the All Players page, it's possible to merge two players into one. This is useful if you have mistakenly added the same player under two different names in different tournaments. To get started, go to the All Players page and switch to the Merge Players sub-tab. One thing to note: you will not be able to merge two players if they have at any point been added to the same tournament.