A tournament series allows you to collect multiple tournaments together. Match Play will keep track of the overall standings based on the individual results from each tournament. This makes a tournament series well-suited for keeping track of standings in a league. Each tournament represents a single league meeting, and the series represents the entire league season.
Adding and removing tournaments
When you create your series, you can plan out all the tournaments in the series right away. You can configure the tournaments so they are all identical and provide the tournament date and location. This works well if you know that all your tournaments will have an identical configuration and you know all the dates in advance.
You can also add or remove tournaments from the series after the series has been created. To add a tournament, simply create a new tournament (or edit an existing tournament), and at the bottom of the form used to create tournaments, you'll find a dropdown that will let you attach your tournament to an existing series. You remove tournaments in the same place.
This is useful if you don't know how long your series will be or if you need to shorten an existing series by removing one or more tournaments.
- Scoring system
- Determines how points are awarded for the series. See table below.
- Let players drop results
- Determines how many (if any) of a players worst tournament results to drop from the series standings.
Scoring in tournament series
There are three different ways points can be calculated for tournament series:
- Sum of points earned
- The points earned by players in the individual tournaments are added together for their overall score. This is the typical choice for a match-play style league.
- Pingolf scoring
- Same as above but the goal is to have as few points as possible. You should only use this for pingolf tournaments.
- Rank players
- In each individual tournaments, players are ranked by finishing position and will receive a point value based on that rank. Their overall score is the sum of these points. This is the only format in which playoffs tournaments for each individual tournament will be taken into account. The options for ranking players are the same as for best game tournaments (see below).
Options for "rank players" scoring
|95% modified decay||100/95/90/85/81...|
|PAPA w/ quick decay||100/90/85/83/81/79...|